Become a member of the Myanmar-Norway Business Council
Why become a member?
By joining as a member of the Myanmar-Norway Business Council, you will have a first class opportunity to build relations with our corporate members leading to know-ledge exchange and access to attractive customers.
The Myanmar-Norway Business Council was formed in 2015 with a mission to be instrumental:
- in creating venues and channels for exchanging and sharing information
- in improving business conditions and opportunities
- in increasing trade and investments between Myanmar and Norway.
The Myanmar-Norway Business Council is mainly a business forum and activities in the council reflect this. Any Norwegian company or businessperson with interest in Myanmar can become a member of the council. The Council is also open for Myanmar companies, or for other foreign companies with Norwegian business interests based in Myanmar. Members will be admitted to the Council upon the discretionary approval of the Board of Directors, based on application on a standardised application form. During the initial stage of operations membership fees will not be charged.
- The Myanmar-Norway Business Council provides regular opportunities for members to meet and network through a variety of functions and activities.
- By joining the council’s events as part of the council’s vital network, you get constant updates on current issues.
- The Myanmar-Norway Business Council conducts an essential role in Myanmar-Norway business relations through its cooperation with the Union of Myanmar Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry (UMFCCI).
- The council identifies challenges and opportunities in doing business in Myanmar, seeking support in Myanmar government policies to address such issues.
- The council's magazine Business Review and the council's website can be used to promote newcomers establishing presence in Asia
- Legal updates with a summary of new or updated laws
- The Myanmar-Norway Business Council works in close co-operation with the Royal Norwegian Embassy and Innovation Norway in Bangkok as well as Myanmar's Directorate of Investment and Company Administration (DICA).
The Norway-Asia Business Review is issued four times a year and is targeted towards chamber members in the region and other organisations (Government/NGOs) in Southeast Asia from which we need support and understanding. The magazine is also distributed to other Norwegian chambers of commerce in Asia and to interest organisations in Norway. The magazine features interesting articles on business and trade throughout the region.
The council's website www.myanmar-norway.com gives you the opportunity to stay in touch with the very latest, 24 hours a day, 365 days per year.